PDA

View Full Version : Snow Geese ...at slow speed!

Yves Guillot
01-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Taken at Réservoir Beaudette in Victoriaville, Québec.

What do you think of it? Original or not? Good or thrash? Winner or looser?

Alfred Forns
01-15-2008, 09:31 PM
Hi Yves I like what you are doing here For this type images there are no rules but some things seem to work better than others

This would have worked great with a goose in the center of the image and as in any other having some kind of balance in the mix I like the wing action and bg Would go after more of these type You will come up with a winner !!!! Would also go a littler lighter on this one !!!

Glenn Ehmke
01-15-2008, 09:40 PM
I Like it a lot. I agree about going a bit lighter though. What shutter did you use? Looks 1/30th or even less.................

Mike Milicia
01-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Love the effect here but agree with Alfred that a better arrangement of birds would have helped.
There is definitely an element of luck with this kind of shot.

I would suggest boosting the contrast quite a bit (seems to work well with most blurs in my limited experience), increasing the saturation, running some noise reduction, and lightening it up a bit. You may or may not like the results (in general, blurs seem to be extremely subjective), but here's my very quick and dirty crack at it :

Fabs Forns
01-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Hi Yves,

Nice blur, don't forget to add your techs next time.
I like what Mike did lightening the image, I would also go in Hue/Saturation and decrease the blues.

Yves Guillot
01-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Thanks to all for your positive comments! I also tried to increase contrast : I somewhat like the result but I prefer the soft pastel like texture that is present in the picture.

The exifs are (sorry not to have put them!) : 1/6s f/5.6 iso400 with a manual focus lens (600 mm).

Robert Amoruso
01-17-2008, 11:58 AM
I look at this image, figured out what I would recommend and then read the posts and they covered it all.