PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats at the Bosque

dstreiffert
01-15-2008, 09:01 PM
This was taken the morning of my first day at the Bosque del Apache. I spotted a family of cranes cussing something on the other side of the dyke. I got out of my car and used my beanbag on the roof of the car. A moment later these guys showed up.ffice:office" /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>

gary rouleau
01-15-2008, 09:13 PM
This is a great shot! The composition is wonderful and detail spot on. I been to the Bosque probably two hundred times or more and never saw these guys -lucky you.

BillPelzmann
01-15-2008, 11:56 PM
What a great catch! This is the first bobcat shot that I have seen from there.
I'd probably consider cropping some of the foreground.

D. Robert Franz
01-16-2008, 08:56 AM
Man some people have all the luck... I've been visiting Bosque for over 20 years and have never seen a bobcat.... Bobcats are sharp with detail. The peek a boo look on the left bobcat works well but I wish I could see more of the legs on the right side bobcat. I agree on cropping a bit of FG. Very glad you showed this image...

David Kennedy
01-16-2008, 01:22 PM
I agree with Robert that the poses do seem to work in the context of this image, but that it would be nice to see more of the one on the right. In addition to trimming the foreground, I would seriously consider using a Gaussian blur on the background. The bokeh is unfortunately very poor in this image--perhaps because you were stopped down? please post technical details in the future--and fights for attention with the bobcats. A blur would smooth it out some and allow the bobcats to take back the mantle as the "subject" of this image.

Geurt Bloem
01-16-2008, 02:04 PM
I think the Bobcat is one of the handsomest critters you guys have in the US.
A very nice image for me but I too would like to see the full legs and paws of the front Bobcat.