PDA

View Full Version : American Oystercatchers

Axel Hildebrandt
10-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Another image of parent and juvenile photographed on Long Island. The parent offered the mussel and the young one didn't wait long before eating it. :)

http://www.pbase.com/axelhi/image/104169887/original.jpg

1D3, 500f4, 1.4x, 1/1250s, f/8, ISO 400

Tony Whitehead
10-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Lovely shot Axel. Love the intensity of the youngster's gaze and the implied motion from the water rushing past the legs. The brightness of the eyes and beaks against the pastel of the water is great. I would be tempted to try a very subtle burn around the corners of the image to add an almost imperceptible vignette - I'm at my day job so don't have access to Photoshop but I think it may add to this image.

bill kominsky
10-21-2008, 04:43 PM
I agree with the comments above Axel except for the vignette, the image is terriffic as is great shot, congrats.

Bill

Tony Whitehead
10-22-2008, 02:00 AM
This is what I had in mind with my suggestion. It's not very obvious especially if the images are seen apart but by layering one above the other and switching from one to the other the effect is visible and I feel it pulls the focus in on the centre of interest

Ramon M. Casares
10-22-2008, 08:01 PM
This series is great great I am enjoing itvery much! Love the light, ambient and interaction between the birds. Congratualitons!

Axel Hildebrandt
10-23-2008, 11:43 AM
This is what I had in mind with my suggestion. It's not very obvious especially if the images are seen apart but by layering one above the other and switching from one to the other the effect is visible and I feel it pulls the focus in on the centre of interest

The differences are subtle, and very interesting in comparison. Thanks for taking the time, Tony!