PDA

View Full Version : Fall Color I, Conway, NH

Arthur Morris
10-21-2008, 07:42 AM
I spent two days in the White Mountains of NH after the Portland Seminar. Should have been 3!

Canon 100-400mm IS L zoom lens at 275mm with the EOS-1D Mark III on Mongoose M3.5 and 3530 LS CF tripod. Evaluative metering + 1 stop set manually: 1/80 sec. at f/18.

Sabyasachi Patra
10-21-2008, 08:38 AM
I love the texture in this image. There is a sense of depth in this image. Lot of details. Lovely colours. I like this image. I would love to see this image in its full size. What ISO did you use?

Arthur Morris
10-21-2008, 08:40 AM
Thanks Sabya. ISO 400. Sorry that I missed that.

Michael Pancier
10-21-2008, 08:44 AM
Good choice heading out to the White Mountains. Much richer colors than along NE Maine.

Kaushik Balakumar
10-21-2008, 04:03 PM
Beautiful image with rich variety of colours & texture.
TFS.

Grady Weed
10-21-2008, 06:17 PM
I like the leading lines from top left to bottom right here. The rich colors on the bottom and fading to light at the top. You did well to get this Art. Most color was on the way out as you left. And the whole area was off and on as some tress gave up their leaves earlier than others. I hope your trip was satisfactory and the seminar was a sauces.

Arthur Morris
10-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks Grady. We saw some spectacular sights and the skeleton trees (the ones with no leaves) actually added interest to the images. The seminar was great but there were no "sauces." We did not have Italian food... <smile>

Judd Patterson
10-21-2008, 07:33 PM
This is great with the beautiful deciduous sprinkled with evergreens. I think the mixed lighting is nice as the areas in bright sun pick up extra color and the slightly shadowed areas drop back a notch or two. It looks like JPEG compression butchered the web version a bit, but I can imagine a full sized print could be fun to view!

Robert Amoruso
10-22-2008, 06:33 AM
I particularly like these types of scenes broken up by bare trees as it adds more interesting patterns to the image.

Grady Weed
10-22-2008, 07:40 AM
LOL. I really meant success not sauces! Lord have mercy. I must be losing it.

Sabyasachi Patra
10-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks Grady. We saw some spectacular sights and the skeleton trees (the ones with no leaves) actually added interest to the images. The seminar was great but there were no "sauces." We did not have Italian food... <smile>

Ohh My God! Now I understood why Artie talked about lack of Italian food. It seems my processor is slowing down. :o

Sorry Grady! Enjoying at your expense. :D

Gerald_Gilligan
10-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Nice job on this one...

I like the contrast between the light and shadow area's...The foliage is holding it's color...

What time of day was this shot?

Your starting to show off in the Landscape threads !

Hmmm

Jerry

Arthur Morris
10-23-2008, 05:11 AM
What time of day was this shot? Your starting to show off in the Landscape threads! Hmmm. Jerry

Thanks Jerry and all. This image was created (not shot) at 2:38 pm in relatively soft filtered light. I have always been eager to share my images (show off if you will) and there were simply no birds in Maine!

Roman Kurywczak
10-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Hi Artie,
The interplay of colors and the ghost trees is interesting. I tried to figure out a way to bring up the ghost trees even more..........but found nothing satisfactory.....will keep trying and let you know if I find something...........I like the diagonal comp of the terrain and the color/texture interplay works as an abstract nicely.