PDA

View Full Version : Marbled Godwit

Nagesh Mula
10-20-2008, 09:05 PM
I took this picture in Full frame initially but then I found to be little in the center so added some canvas to the right.
I liked the Magnificent pose here and the lovely head angle.
I found a little drab because of clonning above the right wing tip and thats my only nit. I noticed it just before posting pic and being a little lazy i am, decided to go like that.
Need your honest opinion on this picture and please don't shy away from being Harsh (If you feel so ;-) as it will help me to do even better.

Specs: EOS 30D, 100-400 @ 400mm, f/5.6, 1/2500, -2/3, Handheld.

Thanks for looking,
Nagesh Mula

Judy Lynn Malloch
10-20-2008, 09:07 PM
Stunning image with great lighting and superb action. The detail is excellent and the splash of water is a lovely bonus in this capture. Congratulations Nagesh on a fine image and thanks for sharing.

Tony Whitehead
10-21-2008, 01:20 AM
Lovely bird, light, posture. I would add a little at the bottom if you have. Only thing that lets it down is the patching and cloning bottom right and around the wing. Redo this so it matches the plane of focus and avoids obviously repeated patterns and you will have a winner

Ramon M. Casares
10-22-2008, 08:06 PM
Only two comments for such a GREAT shot! Light, BG and pose as detail here are just terrific!! Big congratulaitions!