PDA

View Full Version : Superb Wren - female

John Cooper
01-15-2008, 08:06 PM
This is the mate to male wren posted a couple of days ago. The pair visited my garden daily for some 18 months.
Canon EOS 10, Canon 100-400mm at focal length of 300mm. 1/200sec F11. natural back-lighting, fill flash -1.5 stops.

Dan Elster
01-15-2008, 08:28 PM
One could say the bird is too centered, but the perch is as much a part of this image as the bird if you ask me. Plenty sharp, nice pose and a clean backround. Very nice.

Fabs Forns
01-15-2008, 09:54 PM
Hi John,

Very nice pose and perch, wow, hard to get better than that. The problem I see is the strong side light, wish you had the sun behind you and a little lower in the horizon.
Having said that, if this were mine, I'd take some off the left of the frame, not because I mind square crops, but if you have a stroy behind the bird, as you do here, you don't need the space in front :) He's looking down, anyway ;)

Tony Whitehead
01-16-2008, 02:07 AM
You've done well with the fill flash to balance the hard side light John. My suggestion would be to try a larger aperture to try and blur out that background more. I would also be tempted to try a tighter crop in from both the right and from the left to eliminate the vertical part of the perch - just leaving the stalk and gumnuts