View Full Version : Fast Train

Janet Leigh
10-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Life will pass you by
Moments fleeting like a train
Treasure every one

Julie Kenward
10-20-2008, 02:01 PM
You certainly got my attention Janet! Wow, that almost makes me dizzy!

I love the words and photos together. For the image, you might try cloning out the tops of the trees that are blurred away from the rest - give the sky a clean break from the trees. It's nice as presented but I think that might really help the "speed" go even faster if the blue and green areas were more delineated.

I had fun yesterday. Call you next week!

Lance Warley
10-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Great photo, Janet.

The photo's big message to me is Speed. I think the words might benefit from a couple of things:
- Add a "speed" word or phrase to the first line. Something like, "Life will pass you by fast" or "Life will pass you by in a blur" (just to give examples)
- Add something to the second line that increases the detail in the simile and works with the blur. Maybe, "...like a train's rushing cars"

The photo has so much going on...the blur, the parallel tracks within the parallel blurs, lots of power. The challenge here is to get the great visual picture of the speed blur into the word picture. Not easy.

Janet Leigh
10-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Thank you both! :) I see your points. I do need to take more time and think about using more powerful words.
Jules...I look forward to next week.:)