PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise and Parsnips

Joanna Trescott
10-19-2008, 08:57 AM
This is another shot taken this summer. I love this location where there are flowers up close and mountains miles away. Canon 20D, 10-22mm @ 10mm, 1/60 @ f16, ISO 400, -2/3 EV, Tripod

Bruce Murden
10-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Joanna, I like this composition with some great layering here.

I was going to say it needs more contrast, but when I pulled it up in LR (on 2nd monitor) I was very happy with how it looks, it's just a little flat on my laptop main screen.

So, I'll just say nice job here!

Harold Davis
10-19-2008, 06:36 PM
boo yaa!! i like how all the elements come together here! wondering if the sky would look a little better a little darker and with a bit more contrast? great job either way!

Roman Kurywczak
10-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Hi Joanna,
I love the way you compose things........with the strong FG elements and the distant mtns. It will be my mission from now on.......to get you to purchase a grad ND........so that your first image will look like the re-post I did. This is the perfect time to use the grad ND........shaowed FG and lighter sky. My repost would be close to what you would get with the filter. I multiplied seperate layers on the middle ground mtns.......at low opacity.....and then the sky at 100%. Finally....a local contrast adjustment of 20/40/0 in USM.

The comp is very stong and i love your use of the flowers in the FG without clipping the edges.

Jackie Schuknecht
10-19-2008, 06:55 PM
Beautiful shot Joanna, love the depth in the shot. Think I like the clouds brought out a bit more. Very dramatic.

Robert Amoruso
10-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Joanna,

Love the composition when I saw it early today. Roman beat me to my tonal tweaking suggestions but I think he hit a home run with the enhancements.

Joanna Trescott
10-19-2008, 08:11 PM
Roman: You are right....I have purchased one, but this was before I listened to you. Yes, it does pop alot more. Thanks everyone for your critiques! It's hard to take a bad shot in the Colorado Mts.

Kaushik Balakumar
10-20-2008, 02:52 AM
Nothing much to add to what's been already mentioned. Liked Roman's re-post.
:)