PDA

View Full Version : Motif: Moss landscape

Jerry van Dijk
10-19-2008, 08:43 AM
Panasonic DMC-FZ18, handheld (IS), 9 mm (54 mm DSLR equivalent) with macro conversion filter, ISO 400, F/3.2, 1/160sec, pattern metering, no EC, RAW. Cropped to remove lens distortion and for composition. Used cloning to get rid of some purple fringing that this conversion filter seems to introduce.

I was walking through the woods looking for mushrooms, when a ray of sunlight through the trees lit up a bright red and green spot on a dead tree. Eager to try out my new macro conversion filter, I discovered a whole new world there. I feel the red stalks of the moss spore capsules really make this picture interesting and also make this picture fit the current assignment very well.
Enjoy your fall season!
- Jerry -

Harold Davis
10-19-2008, 09:13 AM
jerry, i couldnt help myself here. i had to play around with this one!! i darkened it and added a little overall saturation then saturated the heck out of the reds and it turned out sweet!!! unfortunately i saved it too big and couldnt repost it!!! i like the composition and the subject is different too! nice job!

Alfred Forns
10-19-2008, 09:37 AM
I like it a lot Jerry Those cameras are just perfect since they have such a great dof !!! Great suggestions by Dakatari !!!

Jerry van Dijk
10-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Hey Harold, I'm awfullly curious how your image turned out. If you have any chance to resize the image you produced.....
- Jerry -

Gus Cobos
10-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Hey Jerry,
I like the composition and image...its very pleasing, I like the different tones and shades of color...good show...:cool:

Harold Davis
10-19-2008, 11:22 AM
there ya go jerry, hope you like it. only thing i was trying to do was pep it up. i didnt want to change a lot. it was already nice!

Gus Cobos
10-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Very nice repost Doctor Davis,
I like the punched up hues of red...well done...:cool:

Jerry van Dijk
10-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Ooow, much better Harold! Be sure that I'll tweak the reds in the original!
- Jerry -