PDA

View Full Version : Cs4 Problem?

denise ippolito
10-19-2008, 06:46 AM
I just downloaded CS4 .I have been working on CS3 w/ no problem- now when I go to clone it seems like I'm working w/ gel. I can't get a precise clone. Am I doing something wrong? Is anyone else having this problem?

Charles Glatzer
10-19-2008, 10:01 AM
By default the Clone tool (Show Overlay) box is checked. Look on top just right of center for the Clone Source panel. You can toggle it on and off...uncheck the overlay box if it is not to your iking.

Best,

Chas

denise ippolito
10-19-2008, 10:26 AM
I did that already before posting that's not it any other ideas?

Charles Glatzer
10-19-2008, 11:44 AM
I did that already before posting that's not it any other ideas?

Not without posting an image sample of the problem.

Chas

denise ippolito
10-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Figured it out Thanks!! Played w/ everything not sure what happened- but it just snapped back.

Chris Starbuck
10-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Denise,
You got me thinking about this, because I've also just started using CS4 and noticed the different appearance of the clone stamp tool. There's a bit more info (from Photoshop Help) at http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Photoshop/11.0/WS72216C69-BDA7-4b6c-8922-5F4DF2A84AF7a.html

Don't know how you turned it off, but the default in CS4 is for the clone tool to display a copy of the clone source inside the brush, so you (a) know what it's going to look like before you click, and (b) can align the result precisely if you need to. The help link above has more info on precision alignment.

If you want to turn it back on, when you have the clone tool selected, click on the circled button on the tool options bar, and check "Show Overlay" in the Clone Source panel. Again, the help link above has more info.

Gus Hallgren
10-24-2008, 12:20 AM
Denise:

The overlay is the greatest thing since $1/ gal petrol.

Lets say you want to extend a canvas and there is a limb from edge to edge about 1/2" thick. OK you have the extended canvas, now you want to extend the limb, you click on clone brush, make it big enough to extend on both sides of the limb so you have a clean edge , leave hardness at 0, and opacity at 100. Then put the clone tool over the end of the limb, holding down Alt, left click your mouse. Now there is no guessing to place it precisely, you see exactly where to place it, then click mouse to set it in place. Probably what annoyed you?????? was that when you move the clone tool to grab another piece is that the clone tool is dragging a piece of what ever the relationship to where you picked it up to where you wanted to place it along as you move it. Pay no attention to the ghost shall we say, just alt+ click on the new piece you want to clone from, and take it to where you want to clone it to.

Paint Shop Pro has had that since Jasc (Now Corel), and as it is cheap (Under $100 full version, $50 upgrade) I have always had it for all the goodies, like cloning, background eraser, over 100 premade picture frames plus others.

Keep smiling

Uncle Gus

denise ippolito
10-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Bingo Gus, Thanks once again!!