PDA

View Full Version : Poison Oak Fall Colors

Chris Hansen
10-19-2008, 02:09 AM
I was out taking deer and turkey images when i passed by this scene. I went past it and kept on going. But the little voice in my head kept annoying me to go back and shoot it. So to shut that little voice up I went back and shot it and i'm glad i did.

Canon 10D
Canon 100-400 IS @ 170mm
ISO 400
1/750 sec @ F9.5
Manfrotto 055XPROB w/ Bogen 3055 Heavy duty ballhead
RS 80N3 shutter release
Soft mid morning light with thin clouds overhead

CC welcome.

God bless,

Chris

Kaushik Balakumar
10-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Nice image Chris. Liked the spot-light effect on the tree portions. The OOF object (ground?) seems to be quite a distraction.

Jerry van Dijk
10-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Hi Chris, nice image! I like the colors and the way the subject peeps out of the dark shadows. Agree with Kaushik reg. the OOF FG. I feel that the image benefits from an overall tighter crop on all sides as presented here, with lighted/colored stuff touching all of the edges.
Fall is such a great season for photography! Hope to see more of your fall colors.
- Jerry -

Roman Kurywczak
10-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Hey Chris,
I also agreed with the OOF FG.......but went with a heavier crop. Don't remember how you feel about removing things from an image............but I went with some twig removal/cleanup........to show the possibilities if you are so inclined. I do like the colors popping out of the dark shadows...........and if possible............moving around a bit in the field.....exploring other angles.....may have also eliminated the large stump? on the bottom left.

Robert Amoruso
10-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Chris,

NOt much to add to the above comments. I see why you went back as you had a nice play on light and dark and colors. Agree with Roman's crop.

Joanna Trescott
10-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Chris: Oooh I remember poison oak growing up in Oregon! I really like Roman's repost, but would not have cut the wonderful red poison on the left. I am glad you went back to capture this wonderful shot. The lighting makes this one.

Chris Hansen
10-19-2008, 11:19 PM
Appreciate all the input. With a tighter crop and some twig removal the image looks a lot better.
Thank you,

Chris