PDA

View Full Version : Diving in ...

Kaushik Balakumar
01-15-2008, 07:14 PM
From this angle, it looked as though somebody was diving in ...
Was taken near Ranganathittu - India.

http://www.pbase.com/bkaushik/image/79576370.jpg

Nikon D70s + Tamron 90mm Di macro
I apologize that I dont' have EXIF data.

C & C welcome ...

Regards,
Kaushik

Jim Caldwell
01-15-2008, 09:16 PM
Hi Kaushik - very intriguing image - what kind of blossom is that? Just a suggestion that you might consider trimming a bit from the left. I like it!

Mike Moats
01-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Hey Kaushik, I like this image. Your right it looks like two hands and arms with a head. Nice details on the diver, but would have liked to see sharper details on the greens. The negative space on the left is subjective but it works for me. Well done.

Matthew Pugh
01-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Hi
If at all possible it might have been nice for a little more DOF to sharpen up some of the leaf areas and for a generally more crisper look throughout, I doubt this would have effected that nice dark backdrop any.
Having said this, the image is appealing as seen
And I like the use of negative space as displayed
All the best
Matthew

Chris Starbuck
01-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Hi, Kaushik. I'm usually somewhat obsessive about having everything in the foreground really sharp, but here I see the greenery as "supporting actors". It provides some unobtrusive context for the star of the show, which is the unusual blossom, and I don't mind at all that the green parts aren't completely sharp. I think the amount of negative space on the left is a matter of taste. I like the image as presented.
Chris