PDA

View Full Version : Another Try to Landscapes

Maxis Gamez
10-18-2008, 10:03 PM
http://www.********.org/bpn/40D/_MG_2680.jpg
Another Try to Landscapes - S.W Florida

As I said before, landscapes are always in my mind. This one from this morning. One of the best sunrises I've ever seen!!

The colors are close to the real thing but I pushed them a little more because I just love vivid photographs.

Don't be soft gentlements....

Hope you like it.

Canon 40D, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 @ f/11, ISO 100, 1/10 sec, 2stop ND filter, RAW, Tripod, nosiums :D, Full frame.

Thanks!

Bruce Murden
10-19-2008, 10:59 AM
Maxis, I do really like this one. The greenery in the FG is a nice contrast to the powerful reds and oranges in the scene, and gives you good reason to center the horizon. The texture in the ripples offsets the softness in the clouds, and you got a good sunstar. I think you could afford to crop some off the top to offset the horizon from the center and still be successful.

Roman Kurywczak
10-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Hey Maxis,
I wasn't as fond of the FG as Brue was. I did like the colors and sky.........but felt this would have worked better as a horizontal. I've re-posted the crop.........I also lightened the sky and boosted the contrast with USM 30/50/0......and then pulled back on the H&S of the reds&yellows. Looking at it now...........I may have been too agresiive with the desaturation.......but figured I'd keep it......so you had a reference. Overall..........not bad for a guy who only happens to dabble in lanscapes.
PS I added a ton of blue in color balance also.

Maxis Gamez
10-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Hi Roman,

Thank you for the feedback but my feelings are "another boring" sunrise and that's why I have the FG in the picture. Your version works very well and I thank you for taking the time to do it.

The good news is that I have an image similar to your crop!! :)

Thank you once again!

Roman Kurywczak
10-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Thank you for the feedback but my feelings are "another boring" sunrise and that's why I have the FG in the picture.

Hey Maxis,
You do realize that Fla. is not the most exciting landscape place on earth............if it wasn't for Paul Marcellini's landscape shots.............I may never have brought my landscape lenses down to Fla. again! One tough place to do landscapes........but at least you are looking for interesting comps at the right time of day.

Maxis Gamez
10-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Hi Roman,

Trust me... I know... :)

Thank you Sir!

Robert Amoruso
10-19-2008, 07:22 PM
Hey Maxis,

Roman beat up on my Rapids image.:p Now he is beating up on you.;)

But really, I struggle to do landscape here and like him find Paul's work a real joy.

But I disagree with Roman here and like your vertical comp and the FG.

Rocky Sharwell
10-20-2008, 05:20 AM
Maxis,

I like this a lot-I don't know much about landscapes but the composition with the green at the bottom really works for me......