PDA

View Full Version : Fort Island Trail

John Tillard
10-18-2008, 02:29 PM
I enjoyed stalking this little critter. Please C&C. Thanks.

John

Glenn Romain
10-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Sweet capture, love it, only thing i would change and it's a matter of taste would be to clone out a twig here and there and those would be the ones over the wing and the one at the base of his neck .

That said John tell me what kind of bird it is :)

Harold Davis
10-18-2008, 07:21 PM
hi john, good to see you using the website! in this case i would have been wide open with the aperture. would have given you a quicker shutter speed and given you the opportunity to lower the ISO too. lower ISO = less noise. the wider aperture gives you a chance to blur out the bg and not be as distracting. your crop here isnt bad, but the bird is a little big in the frame for my tastes.

keep em coming!!!

Gus Cobos
10-18-2008, 07:31 PM
Hi John,
You have very good advice from Doctor Davis, and Glenn, when composing your image try to see what your background is before you squeeze the shutter...use the widest aperture possible in order to get a more pleasing diffused background...lookinf forward to your next creation...:cool:

denise ippolito
10-18-2008, 09:44 PM
I think the subject is adorable . It looks like you waited until just the right moment to capture his sweet face. I like it very much. It looks a little tight on the crop but still a shot I would like to have.

Alfred Forns
10-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Hi John Would give some extra room all around, seems tight in frame. Love the perspective.

Point of focus seems to be on the wing and eye area is a bit soft, can give it an extra usm pass. Would also like some separation between the tip of the beak and rock. Can also darken the head area. ....... btw when I first open the image first thing that came to my mind was Godzilla !!!!

Arthur Morris
10-20-2008, 03:48 PM
There are many, many problems here and not all of them are mentioned above. Most notably is the rather harsh light. In addition the distant BKGR mountains (or rocks???) that are sunlit are distracting. You did a decent job of having the entire bird lit.

John Tillard
10-22-2008, 06:38 PM
I thank everyone for the candid comments. I will try to keep them in mind as I go forward! Thanks.

John