PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Baker in Morning Light

Terry Olmsted
01-15-2008, 06:48 PM
View is from the Skagit Flats near Conway, Washington.
January 13, 2008 Canon XTi 400mm 5.6L 1/3200s f5.6 400mm ISO 200

John Cooper
01-15-2008, 09:21 PM
I like your composition here Terry - the play of black the FG contrasting with the white snowy mountains. Wondering how the snow would look if a little whiter but nice landscape as is.

Terry Olmsted
01-15-2008, 10:52 PM
Here's a whiter version, John. See what you think.
Terry

Jason Hahn
01-16-2008, 06:29 AM
Great view of the peak, the detail in the ridges is really intersting, shows you how complex and jagged those ridges are. The whiter version looks a little better to me, and I would probably be tempted to shave a touch off the bottom, probably close to the point where the line of the top of the foreground hill leaves the frame on the right. I think with that crop you have a stronger leading line with that ridge, plus it puts the top of it on the left along the bottom third, and brings the top Mt. Baker closer to the top third. I really like how you can see the snow blowing off the peak, is the texture in the snow on the face of the peak sign of a recent avalanche?

Jason

Terry Olmsted
01-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Thanks, Jason. I like the lighter version too, and will work with the crop as you suggested. The texture of the snow on the face of the peak is pretty much like it normally looks in the winter.
Terry

Robert Amoruso
01-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Hi Terry,

Jason's and John's comments are on target and exactly what I would have suggested. Very nice image. I think you photographed the snow capped mountains in just the right light to bring out there texture.

Guillermo Luis Cozzo
01-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Hi Terry, nice shot, nice feedbacks...really like the light, textures....beautiful peak!!!
Best Regards
Guillermo

John Cooper
01-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Here's a whiter version, John. See what you think.
Terry

Yes I agree Terry, the whiter snow covered mountains have more impact. Well done.

Terry Eddington
01-17-2008, 10:38 PM
Terry, you're making this Terry a bit homesick for Washington. Thanks for posting. Nothing to add that hasn't been said.