PDA

View Full Version : The first frost

Johannes Glännman
10-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Hi...

A wounderful morning today with this year first frost. I was looking for some moose or deer but they did not show so I made a panoramic landscapeimage with my 300.... What do you think ?

Cheers // johannes

Nikon D300
Nikon AF-I 300/2.8 at F9
1/15sec and ISO 200
Tripod

Dave Mills
10-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Nice to see the first frost. In my opinion the image doesn't have a center of interest and the lighting is flat and dull.
I've seen some images of the first frost with early light on it and it can look magical.

Arthur Morris
10-18-2008, 02:16 PM
It needs a bit more room on the bottom but DMills is correct in that the light is flat. The image needs to be brighter and an additional boost in contrast beyond that would likely help. I do like the placement of the tallest tree.

For the re-pos I lightened it a ton, ran the Linear Curve pre-set, and increased SAT.

Robert Amoruso
10-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Johannes, I like what Artie did with the repost.

Saw this one this morning but just getting back now to post. I too liked the left tree placement and the three lower FG tress to its right - the tall tree is the center of interest. Also agree with a bit more room on the bottom.

Johannes Glännman
10-19-2008, 03:42 AM
Thank you for the comments...

I do like the new light that Arthur did, but I cant stand the white sky.... I will try to do a new version on my computer and se what I can make...

Cheers // Johannes

Johannes Glännman
10-19-2008, 05:12 AM
Is this better ?

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Jonte_rm/Untitled_Panorama8.jpg

Cheers // johannes

Arthur Morris
10-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Better, and yes the sky is darker in your version. Still could use a bit more contrast and maybe a bit more sharpening.

Dave Mills
10-22-2008, 04:39 PM
The way I look at a center of interest is an area that dominates an image and your eye immediately goes to it. In this case the tree on the left is dominant among the trees but hardly constitutes a center of interest. In this case you basically have a mass of trees represented as a panorama with the largest placed as an anchor on the left. Most trees blend into the backround w ith the one tree on the far left breaking into the sky. If it's a center of interest it's a very weak one.

Johannes Glännman
10-23-2008, 11:17 AM
Thank you Arthus, I will have a look on the contrast...

DMills. Thanks for your explanation. I do agree that the center of interest is a bit weak but I personaly think that the landscape is so nice with all the frost that it is ok. But, it can be that my memories from this morning is still strong so I believe the picture to be better then it is. If you know what I mean...

Cheers // Johannes