PDA

View Full Version : Junco

Glenn Romain
10-17-2008, 11:01 AM
Hi all hope you had a good week ,weather here is on the downside a bit it's getting colder .We have had heavy frost for the last three days. Nothing really exciting this week.I have a few Junco's at my feeder so heres one ,im not to happy with the BG but maybe i can do better on the weekend if we can get some sunshine :)

Check the length of the claws on this guy lol.

Lance Peters
10-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Hi Glenn- do you have some tech details for this shot?

:)

denise ippolito
10-17-2008, 04:57 PM
I do like the position of the bird on the perch. I think it's interesting. I agree about the BG (the spot is distracting) maybe tone down just the spot. I don't mind the dark BG for this bird, I think it adds a little drama to the image

Nonda Surratt
10-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Glenn,

I really like the feel of this image and the position of the bird in the frame is quite interesting. For me I wish the birds face/eye stood out a bit more as it is I keep going to the birds feet, cool feet BTW.

Alfred Forns
10-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Don't mind the bg at all Just wish for a different pose. I like the feather detail and sharpness !!!

Gus Cobos
10-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Hi Glenn, you have sharp details and good color rendition, would like this one on a vertical crop...:cool:

Desmond Chan
10-17-2008, 11:40 PM
Don't mind the bg at all Just wish for a different pose. I like the feather detail and sharpness !!!

I think the same. I also like the atmosphere of this shot. I'm wondering though if you could tone down the flash reflection on the bird's toes and the perch :)

Glenn Romain
10-18-2008, 06:49 PM
OK i did a bit of editing , i started with toning down the flash on the perch and claws then i gave it a vert crop and then burned the spot on the BG As for the pose Alfred i have a side profile that i will post up later.

Oh i almost forgot Lance this was taken with a D80 and a 70-300mm Vr at 300mm 1/200sec iso 200 Focal 7.1 .

Thanks for taking the time to comment Guys its appreciated :)

Desmond Chan
10-18-2008, 10:41 PM
OK i did a bit of editing...

I think you may have overdone the left side of the bird a bit, i.e., now it's too dark and I think the original is better in that respect. I somehow also find that kind of bright, yellowish spot in the background makes the entire original photo looks brighter. But it's likely just me ;)

Jackie Schuknecht
10-19-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi Glen,
I like the pose and the BG, rotated the bird and tried a crop. Like your pic. Just to give you some ideas:)