10-16-2008, 10:44 PM
Canon 5D
EF 24-105
ISO 250
1/100 sec. at f/10

I'm pretty new at this so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.Thank you

Bruce Murden
10-17-2008, 08:44 AM
Denise, I like how you're seeing this image. The BG leaf and the flow of its veins are well positioned, and I really like the water droplets all over. The two things I'd consider improving are the location of the small hosta leaf -- it seems a bit static since it is so vertical, especially the central vein near the RH edge of the image -- and with all the blue in the BG the hosta leaf has more blue tone than I prefer. To improve the hosta leaf location, I'd try rotating it CW and CCW, and I'd try capturing the entire leaf. I'm not sure which way will be best here, but they're worth exploring, either with images, or in the viewfinder before deciding to capture the image.

Gordon Craig
10-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Hello Denise,

I really like the composition of the picture. I have found in the past that sometimes water can appear somewhat milky in a photograph. Sometimes I am able to clear it up in Photoshop Elements by darkening the highlights and increasing the midtone contrast. I did that with your picture and here is what I came up with.

Gordon

Julie Kenward
10-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Denise I like your composition here and the colors are very nice. I think Gordon did a good job of bringing the colors and contrast out in his repost as well. My one other thought is to take a bit off the top as there is more there than at the bottom and I think it would look a little more balanced that way.

The best way to learn macro is to watch the images on this forum. It's the best learning tool you'll ever have! You certainly have a good eye for composition and color so dig in and keep submitting!

Robert O'Toole
10-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Love the light but I want to see more of the green leaf.

The repost is way dark and the blues are oversaturated.

Robert