PDA

View Full Version : Extreme make-over (before and after)

Fabs Forns
01-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Here is something that I did to spice up a basically high key image. The color filter is not necessary, just the icing on the cake :)

Workflow: Noise reduction, curves, depth of field brush (PhotoKit sharpener plugin), clone out the branch, saved as master file, applied Nik Color Efexx Select 3.0 plugin, dual filter, saved again as master file #2, cropped, re-sized and sharpened.

Hope you guys like it :)

Fabs Forns
01-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Here's the finished product:

Del Cockroft
01-15-2008, 06:04 PM
A huge difference and the repost is so much better. It's quite amazing what an expert, like yourself, can do with the knowledge and the correct software. A good lesson on what can really be achieved. Well presented, Fabs.

Alfred Forns
01-15-2008, 07:17 PM
One of my favorites !!!!

Philippe Collard
01-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Hope you guys like it :)

I certainly do. This is an exquisite photograph Fabs. Of course the bird is fantastic and the big plus is the grad between those subtle background colors. Very well done. May I ask how long it took you to get this result? :)

Cheers,

Philippe.

Fabs Forns
01-15-2008, 07:51 PM
I certainly do. This is an exquisite photograph Fabs. Of course the bird is fantastic and the big plus is the grad between those subtle background colors. Very well done. May I ask how long it took you to get this result? :)

Cheers,

Philippe.

About ten minutes :) I knew what I wanted to do...

Peter Hawrylyshyn
01-15-2008, 09:28 PM
lovely - something most of us can only hope to some day aspire to
why and where did you use the PK DOF brush? is there no comparable tool in PS?

Fabs Forns
01-15-2008, 09:31 PM
lovely - something most of us can only hope to some day aspire to
why and where did you use the PK DOF brush? is there no comparable tool in PS?

Peter, I used DOF brush on the bird's face. I have no knowledge of a tool like that in PS, although a gradient sharpening may accomplish the chore, I've never tried it.

Thanks, guys!

Jim Caldwell
01-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Fabs - you are the master!!!

Lana Hays
01-16-2008, 04:18 AM
Fabs
I sure like what you've done with this one.....a terrific metamorphosis. I thought the Gannet before/after was good....but you were just getting warmed up. This is gorgeous.

Michael Lloyd
01-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Wow... that's one heck of an after. It would be nice if this forum had a section specifically for professionally done before and afters. I don't think that I've ever seen a section like that on any other forums... hint :cool:

Fabs Forns
01-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Wow... that's one heck of an after. It would be nice if this forum had a section specifically for professionally done before and afters. I don't think that I've ever seen a section like that on any other forums... hint :cool:

Michael, we are trying to do this here in Eager to Learn. There's a few posted by Moderators, maybe some members will want to follow :)

Michael Lloyd
01-16-2008, 03:47 PM
Oh... Ok... well I'll just have to make this my first stop when I log in. Thanks!

Kenn Christensen
01-16-2008, 06:58 PM
really nice work Fabs.. is there a similar product to produce the color grade in the water?? (yep its FABulous all right)
I think you say this is a nikon related product? Id need canon or generic....

Michael Lloyd
01-16-2008, 07:19 PM
Kenn, Its an add-on to Photoshop.

Kenn Christensen
01-16-2008, 07:46 PM
ah hah!.. another quick assumption from me... thanks...
Im checking it out

eeeeyikes... quite a price range there..... cheapest is 100... best is 300... think I wont be jumping on this one tonight! lol.. oh well.. at least its on my radar...

Fabs Forns
01-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Ken, here's the link:

http://www.niksoftware.com/index/usa/entry.php

Maria Kinsey
01-17-2008, 10:51 AM
A most stunning effect, Fabs! I am extremely impressed with your post work skills. Too bad this is compatible with only PS software, I would have been really interested in it.

Fabs Forns
01-17-2008, 01:36 PM
A most stunning effect, Fabs! I am extremely impressed with your post work skills. Too bad this is compatible with only PS software, I would have been really interested in it.

Maria, if you use Nikon, they have a version for Capture NX!

Trish Fahner
01-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Wonderful soft soothing color. Beautiful job, Fabs