PDA

View Full Version : Fall Tetons

chad anderson
10-16-2008, 03:53 PM
BPN,

This was taken in Grand Teton NP about a month ago. Just as I snapped the shot, a flock of crows filled the sky. I'm so glad America had the foresight to protect places like this. The colors were turning ,the elk were bugling, and the wolves were howling. What a trip, I cant wait to go back.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3271/2881235274_b21227cb5f_o.jpg

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi
9.0, -2/3, set on Av @ 20mm

Kaushik Balakumar
10-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Indeed a beautiful place.
I might have tried going towards the left to cover the mountains & to obtain better reflections keeping the plants to far right. The raised plant/leaves seem to obscure the view of the mountains in the BG.
But again, that's just me :)

Ed Cordes
10-16-2008, 09:06 PM
It is a very tranquil scene. I agree about the right plant growth covering the mountains. My eye keeps looking for the peaks.

chad anderson
10-17-2008, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately the position you are suggesting would have included a road and a couple photographers in the photo.

Robert Amoruso
10-17-2008, 12:35 PM
Well I would agree that the bush covering the peaks is a bummer and if moving left introduced other obstacles, time to move to a different location. Those peaks and the reflections are too nice looking to not try to get then not obscured.

Roman Kurywczak
10-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Hey Chad,
Agree with the others about the bush and will offer this tip as I have been to the Tetons many times..................go lower towards the water or even better IMO.........the 2nd parking area , closer to the fork in the road, and closer down to waters edge........(you will see many social trails leading down)............this will take the road out of the equation completely and let you explore countless compositions.