PDA

View Full Version : Aspen Blur

Joanna Trescott
10-16-2008, 12:17 PM
I used a 100-400 lens for this shot. I am conflicted about the small tree on LR. I think it adds depth and balance, but does it take your eye out of the frame?

Julie Kenward
10-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Okay, sorry I didn't comment earlier...something was bugging me about this and I couldn't figure it out! I don't mind the little tree on the end as there are other little trees between the bigger ones. I think what's bugging me is that the one directly to the left of the little tree DOESN'T have any little trees and it feels unbalanced to me. However...I'm a very "balancy" kind of gal to take it or leave the comment...

I think you did an excellent job on the blur overall and I love the colors. Aspens.... *sigh*

denise ippolito
10-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Joanna, I actually like this alot. The colors are good . The subject is good. The framing is good. What I like about it the most is the bent tree on BR of frame- it's not matchy- matchy and I like that. I'd hang it on my wall!!

Fabs Forns
10-18-2008, 08:15 AM
I like it too, I've been meaning to do some of these, but haven't found good subjects around Florida.

Roman Kurywczak
10-18-2008, 10:52 AM
Hi Joanna,
This works very well for me also. W/O the small tree..........then the dark area would overpower the scene..........as is ........very nice interplay of tones and colors.