PDA

View Full Version : Reddish Egret

Bob Blanchard
10-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Here's a nice Reddish Egret on the hunt. Captured earlier this year while still in breeding plumage. I just missed it in processing. I'd like a bit more head turn toward the camera, but I can live with it as-is. This was at Ding Darling.

Canon 1DsMII, 600mm f/4, ISO 200, 1/3200, f/4, 0 EV, off tripod at ground level.

http://catcheroflight.smugmug.com/photos/395163406_6X46B-X3.jpg

Ramon M. Casares
10-15-2008, 11:28 PM
I think that a different head turn would've taken away the intensity this bird's eye, the concentration it shows is great, ambient and BG as light are great, but the pose is just what have put this one right over the top to me! Big congratulaitons!

Linda Robbins
10-16-2008, 05:01 AM
Nice low perspective and great hunting pose. Beautiful BG and sharp detail. These birds never fail to entertain! Nice capture.

Daniel Cadieux
10-16-2008, 06:47 AM
A perfect hunting pose! Great low angle and foot-up really make this image.

Ramon M. Casares
10-16-2008, 12:34 PM
I kept visitng this post as I loved this shot, and I started thinking that I bit more saturation might be really helpfull, here's my version with also a little bit more sharpening, hope you don't mind.

Judy Lynn Malloch
10-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Beautiful image Bob with great action and a wonderful low angle. The detail and color are also excellent. Thanks for sharing.

Maxis Gamez
10-16-2008, 04:28 PM
with also a little bit more sharpening

............. :D:D:D

Bob Blanchard
10-16-2008, 07:10 PM
I kept visitng this post as I loved this shot, and I started thinking that I bit more saturation might be really helpfull, here's my version with also a little bit more sharpening, hope you don't mind.

Ramon - No problem at all. I was actually thinking it needed a bit more punch as well. Might be a little too much in your version, but mine definitely needs more.

...So how much did Maxis pay you to say "more sharpening" :D (inside joke)

Ramon M. Casares
10-16-2008, 08:35 PM
...So how much did Maxis pay you to say "more sharpening" :D (inside joke)

To be honest... I didn't really get it...:o :D

Bob Blanchard
10-16-2008, 08:47 PM
To be honest... I didn't really get it...:o :D

LOL - Maxis always says my images need more sharpening :D He is enjoying that someone else said it this time.

Maxis Gamez
10-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Who me??? :D

Love you man....!!

Bob Blanchard
10-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Who me??? :D

Love you man....!!

LOL - You to brother! Hey, I'm taking a day off tomorrow. Thinking about going down to Corkscrew to see if the Painted Buntings are hanging out yet, and maybe some Warbler action. ( I haven't been there in a few months). Might also run up to Joe Overstreet on Saturday. Probably go to Ding on Sunday. Let me know if you want to meet up somewhere this weekend.

Maxis Gamez
10-16-2008, 09:04 PM
LOL - You to brother! Hey, I'm taking a day off tomorrow. Thinking about going down to Corkscrew to see if the Painted Buntings are hanging out yet, and maybe some Warbler action. ( I haven't been there in a few months). Might also run up to Joe Overstreet on Saturday. Probably go to Ding on Sunday. Let me know if you want to meet up somewhere this weekend.

Ding could be good because they controling the water levels!! I may go there saturday.... I'll let you know! :D

Ramon M. Casares
10-16-2008, 09:06 PM
Oh, Ok... LOL, I wish I could be there right now! Good luck to both of you in the field!

Bob Blanchard
10-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Ding could be good because they controling the water levels!! I may go there saturday.... I'll let you know! :D

Yeah they've been doing that for the past few weeks in the first two lagoons. Lot's of activity there, but the weather was bad the last few times I went out. Saturday's weather should be great. I do know a couple good spots now to get "down and dirty" on the first and second lagoons, but I still prefer my spot on the third. You know where my favorite spot is on the third lagoon. There are a lot more Wood Storks here now than I've seen in the past few years, so I'm working to get some nice low angle/early light images out there of them.

Ramon - You're invited....Come on over ;)!

Ramon M. Casares
10-16-2008, 09:58 PM
I would but it's not exactly on my way to work...:(

Bob Blanchard
10-16-2008, 10:14 PM
I would but it's not exactly on my way to work...:(

Let's see....Argentina....Isn't that just South of Cape Coral? LOL - Someday hope to meet you, maybe in your area where you can show me all the good birding spots! If you ever get up this way, don't hesitate to let me know. Be glad to show you around.

Ramon M. Casares
10-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Thanks Bob, we will sure meet some day! :)