PDA

View Full Version : BPN GTG - Royal Tern Landing

Maxis Gamez
10-15-2008, 06:24 PM
http://www.********.org/bpn/40D/_MG_1677.jpg
BPN GTG - Royal Tern Landing

This one from our recent BPN GTG. The light was simply fantastic!!

I was able to save this image thanks Robert O'toole Quick Mask technique. Thanks Robert!

Hope you like it

Canon 40D, 400mm L @ f/5.6, ISO 400, 1/800 sec, RAW, 4 feet in water, handheld, almost full frame.

Thanks!

Neil Losin
10-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Great light, angle, and pose. Once you mentioned the O'Toole technique I noticed the repeating elements in the sand, but I probably wouldn't have otherwise.

Maxis Gamez
10-15-2008, 06:51 PM
Great light, angle, and pose. Once you mentioned the O'Toole technique I noticed the repeating elements in the sand, but I probably wouldn't have otherwise.

I'm honest to my doing in photoshop. ;)

Mike Tracy
10-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Definitely nice light but seems to be too many shadows from different directions. I wont dispute the execution there of.

Robert O'Toole
10-15-2008, 08:08 PM
The low angle is great Maxis, and, the wings up feet down position is very good also. In many cases the closer wing will fold in, having both in full spread is just about perfect.

Great job on the exposure in contrasty light.

Robert

Robert

Linda Robbins
10-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Nice low perspective and I like the landing position....especially the lowered landing gear feet. It was nice seeing you at Ft. DeSoto!

Robert O'Toole
10-15-2008, 08:16 PM

A repeating pattern is not really an indication of the technique per se but really just a shortcoming in the application of the technique.

The reason I developed the APTATS techniques was to avoid the repeating patterns usually found with an application of the clone stamp of healing brush tool. It is quicker to use and is usually invisible since you avoid normal PS tool artifacts.

Just try not use the same sample area more than once for best results :-)

Robert

bill kominsky
10-15-2008, 09:25 PM
I don't care Maxis I think the detail, eye contact, wing position and overall clarity is excellent, congrats on this image.

Bill

Chris van Rooyen
10-17-2008, 06:40 AM
Striking posture and light - well done!

Juan Aragonés
10-17-2008, 12:08 PM
Very good job Maxis. the light and action are fantastic. excelent exposure control :-)