PDA

View Full Version : african antelope

Valerio Tarone
10-15-2008, 02:47 PM
An image of some years ago scanned. Nikkor 300f4x2 duplicated
IS IT AN IMPALA? or else? In Southafrica, kwazulunatal; in the sunset I saw this shy antelope
What do you think?
THANK YOU

Gus Cobos
10-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Hi Valerio,
I like the base composition, and what you were trying to accomplish. The image has several points that need to be addressed; I modified it and incorporated sundry changes to illustrate my point...I cropped on both the left and right side of the frame to eliminate the black columns; cropped the bottom to eliminate some of the negative space. I cleaned up the dirt particles in the image, cloned out or trimmed the high grass area to the left, blurred the background to blend the hues of whites and pinks, ran noise reduction, increased saturation and contrast on the blacks and sprinkled selective sharpening on the subject. see if this version presents better for you...:cool:

denise ippolito
10-15-2008, 08:09 PM
I think Gus did a great job on the re-post. I see your initial vision, sometimes it takes an objective eye to get it where it should be.I like the colors and the composition. Good Job!!

Valerio Tarone
10-16-2008, 04:52 AM
YEs Gus,Hi
It works better! Ok. I've cropped, before , the bottom to eliminate unesfull grass. In other words I was on the way. Do you think is it good or not now? In that evening I shot the antelope first, later I waited for long minutes in the car to see if I could get a better image, nothing, It stared for minutes. Thanks.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
10-16-2008, 08:19 AM
Hi Valerio,
Yes, I do think that this is good now! I think that the mood of this picture is quite lovely - it is very atmospheric and I agree with Denise - I do see what you set out to acomplish.
Regards,
Nicki

Alfred Forns
10-16-2008, 08:53 AM
I think the grasses are competing with the head? Do like the composition and placement. Would prefer a cleaner outline. This image is about mood and you have captured it !!!