PDA

View Full Version : What's up there?

John Hawkins
10-14-2008, 10:53 PM
I created this on Sanibel Beach,FL. this past weekend. I believe it is a young Sanderling. I couldn't get lower, as I was dressed for dinner and grabbed my camera as I waited for other guests to come down from their rooms. It was about 5:00 PM. I used my Sony Alpha 100 with the Sigma 50-500 set at f/8, 1/640, 0 ev, ISO 100, at 500mm. Thanks for looking. John

Daniel Cadieux
10-15-2008, 06:49 AM
I like the title in regards to the Sanderling's upward glance. Looks like the light was on the harsh side of things...and coming from the right (wish it was more behind you). Fine detail seems lacking...heavy crop? I really like the shell-covered ground :-) You should eat at 4:30 and then go out I lie down on the beach - your guests would surely love to see you in action!!

Alfred Forns
10-15-2008, 07:42 AM
Can add the point of focus is on the shoulder, might want to place it on the eye and re compose. I like the behavior, bird is looking up for danger in the sky !!!

John Hawkins
10-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Thanks for your comments. I would of had to get wet to put sun behind me. This not cropped at all. I might be able to do some improving. I will work on it.