PDA

View Full Version : King Fisher Male

William Currie
10-14-2008, 10:14 PM
Photographed this on Gabriola Island B.C My friend Ted was kind enough to let me photograph at his place.I captured this beauty in a blind . Canon Mark II N 500 F4 ISO 400 1/1000 @ 5.6

Ramon M. Casares
10-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Terrific shot, I would try to recover the whites, but that about it to me, I love this shot, BG, light, pose, coloir, all A+! Congratulaitons!

William Currie
10-15-2008, 12:16 AM
Hi Ramon if you are referring to the whites in the neck it is just about impossible to get detail in them they are very smooth feathers that really don't have detail in them. They don't create shadow . Thanks for the wonderful comments Brad

John Chardine
10-15-2008, 10:36 AM
This is a beautiful image of what I have found to be a tough bird to get close to. Overall on my monitor, the image has an overall dullness, so I thought I would see if it responded to Ps Shadows and Highlights, both to brighten up up the dark areas and tone down the whites. This tool has to be used with some caution but in this case I think it responded very well. Here's the result (hope reposting is OK William, but it is often a useful thing to do and worth 1000s of words!):

Aidan Briggs
10-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Nice pose and sharpness. The repost is even better. The whites look a bit hot to me.