PDA

View Full Version : Denison Park #2

Ed Cordes
10-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Another image from Denison Park in corning, NY. Again I liked the Fall colors as well as the warm evening light and the clouds in the sky.

1DMK2 with 17-40 @ 22. Evaluative metering at ISO 200 with f10 and 1/50. Polarizer used. Full frame with a tad of curves. No color enhancement beyond curves was done.

Thanks for looking. All comments are most welcome.

Bruce Murden
10-15-2008, 06:04 AM
I really like the combo of warm and cool here with a good amount of sky, and also the line of trees fading away. The perspective of the 22mm gives me an odd curvature in the pic, especially for the RH tree -- possibly from tilting the camera up to take the photo. If that could be smoothed out a bit, that's all I'd do here. Nice job!

Roman Kurywczak
10-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Hey Ed,
The contrast between colors is outstanding. I'd definitely do a little blurring of some of the things in the shadows..........but the WA lean isn't a problem for my tastes. Maybe a slight crop .........to remove the trunk touching the L edge of frame........but still.....nice use of the trees scale to add depth.

Joanna Trescott
10-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Ed, I really like this strong composition and the layers of green, red and blue. Nice sky, too.

Robert Amoruso
10-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Your triangle patterns formula is working well Ed - the FG ground to the trees to the sky - all triangular and different colors. Agree with the left side tree trunk at the edge - clone it out.