PDA

View Full Version : Green-winged Teal duo on log.

Daniel Cadieux
10-14-2008, 08:01 PM
I was fortunate to have two of these perch on this half-submerged log. They were both busy preening and it quite difficult to get a decent head angle on both individuals. Luckily they stopped for a few seconds and pose perfectly together:). At first I didn't like the BG, especially the URC...but it has grown on me, thus I kept it as it was.

Canon 40D + 100-400L @400mm, manual exposure, 1/125s., f/6.3, ISO 500, no EC, handheld, natural light (overcast), about 80% full-frame.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w98/dancad/tn_Green-wingedTeal_0357-01.jpg

James Salywoda
10-14-2008, 08:21 PM
I love the surrounding habitat Daniel and the opposing positions of the GWT and eye contact make for a nice all around image. Well Done!

Paul Lagasi
10-14-2008, 09:16 PM
Glad you made it down there Dan, Lovely pose on both ducks, especially since they both seem to be saying "cheese"..nice capture...

Juan Aragonés
10-15-2008, 08:26 AM
Daniel I like the idea of include details of the habitat but in this case I think that the BG is a little bit distracting. The pose of the two drakes is very nice with a neat eye contact and very different poses and plumages due to molting.

Stephen Stephen
10-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Dan I like the pose and eye contact on these two ducks. The male on the left has really improved his plumage since I was there the weekend before. I know how cluttered that area is for backgrounds but I might be tempted to blurr the BG a bit more.