PDA

View Full Version : Mill Pond Pano

Joe Senzatimore
10-14-2008, 07:15 AM
This is a 7 vertical image stitch done in CS3
All images f11 at 1/250th ISO 250

Bruce Murden
10-14-2008, 08:06 PM
You picked a nice subject here, with good colors and saturation. Looks like a great, peaceful setting on a lovely autumn day.

It looks like you did some cloning in the pond, though, with a too-obvious repeating pattern of the plants. The trio in lower center grabbed my eye, which makes me look for more. If you wanted to fill in with more plants to improve your image, just be careful about picking different clone-from spots as you go along to avoid such adjacent repeating patterns.

It also looks to me like the pond horizon is curved. Our colleagues with more pano-stitching experience can probably help avoid that when shooting, but I think a little perspective correction would smooth out that horizon and improve your image.

Bruce

Robert Amoruso
10-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Joe,

I like how you balanced the left and right sides of the image with the bright red trees. I provides a good terminus at the edges.

Bruce had some good observations.

If you are using PS to do the photomerge, experiment with some of the different merging methods as some will handle the perspective issues better then others. Also, if you have not found the nodal point of the lens, that will help to give you less distortion in the original images. Really Right Stuff has a good tutorial at http://reallyrightstuff.com/pano/05.html.

In PS, use the Filter > Distort > Lens Correction to fixed curved horizons.