PDA

View Full Version : White Dome Geyser

John Blumenkamp
10-13-2008, 11:38 PM
Here is one of my captures of White Dome Geyser in Yellowstone from a couple weeks back... being one of the fairly regular geysers, it's nice to be able to setup for a shot in hopes of getting something you're happy with - this was one I liked.

40D w/ 10-22 @ 21mm
1/100 f/8 iso200

Thanks for looking,
John

Ed Cordes
10-14-2008, 06:04 AM
John, this is an interesting perspective. I like the large expanse of FG as it gives a true feel for the location. The geyser's erupting water does blend in with the clouds a bit, but the clouds add to the drama of the sky. Trade off; the image works for me.

Julie Kenward
10-14-2008, 07:46 AM
Excellent job of exposure and composition. The lines in the FG take your eye right to the geyser and up into the spray/clouds. As Ed said, I think having more delineation between the spray and the clouds would have been ideal but there's nothing wrong with the way it's presented IMHO. Everything works together for a well thoughtout image.

Roman Kurywczak
10-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Hey John,
I do like the large FG inclusion..........it is interesting both texturally and color wise. Do agree with others on the seperation of the plume and the sky.........but having been there a billion times........not always as easy as it seems.........so you handled it very well given the circumstances.

Robert Amoruso
10-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Large FG composition with the lines leading to the geyser is well thought out.