PDA

View Full Version : Motif: "Colors of Red"

Gus Cobos
10-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Motif: This week, the assignment will be “Colors of Red”. I am starting the assignment with my new friend Henry. Lets use our imaginations and see what we come up with…

This handsome fellow was curious as to why I was walking along the pond at Tropical Park, this past weekend. I named him Henry; and we became very good friends after a bag or two of Wise potatoes chips. Henry was so grateful for the free meal; that he came up close so that I could take his portrait. Henry was painted with a Nikon D200, using a Nikkor 300mm AF-S f/4D IF-ED, and a Nikkor 1.4 T/C

Image solution:
focal length @ 300mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / ISO @ 200 / 1/1000sec. - f/5.6 / white balance @ auto / AF - mode @ dynamic range, auto - continuous / color space @ sRGB /lighting solution - no speedlight, ambient light / exposure comp @ -0.3EV / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +2 degrees / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / support platform - no tripod, hand held, flat on my belly…

Comments are greatly appreciated...:cool:

denise ippolito
10-14-2008, 07:00 AM
Very nice Gus I like the colors and the crop. I think you zeroed in on the interesting part of the duck and I like that! As for the new assignment"colors of red" I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Alfred Forns
10-14-2008, 07:07 AM
Red it is Gus and what a good looking ducky !!!!! :) I'll bet he is well fed !!!

Julie Kenward
10-14-2008, 07:57 AM
Very nice portrait Gus but I gotta say it - that is one ugly lookin' duck!

Jackie Schuknecht
10-14-2008, 09:16 AM
Beautiful comp, colours, and details on this Gus. Love it.

Oscar Zangroniz
10-14-2008, 09:43 AM
Awesome portrait my friend. You have excellent details on this guy.
Congrats