PDA

View Full Version : Denison Park Path

Ed Cordes
10-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Denison Park is in my town of Corning, NY. Gail and I spent Sunday making images of the Fall colors. This image is one of the best. It was made about 6 PM so the light was wonderfully soft and warm. I like the curving path and the colored leaves creating the tunnel effect.

1DMK2 with 17-40 @ 25mm. Evaluative metering at ISO 200 with zero EV and f 14 with 1/4 second on tripod with mirror lock up and 2 second timer. This is full frame with just a tad of curves.

John Blumenkamp
10-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Wow, this definitely is an expression of fall... this is very nice Ed, and I really like your comp with the inclusion of the road. Great image.

Julie Kenward
10-14-2008, 07:50 AM
Beautiful scene and gorgeous light, Ed. My parents just returned to CA yesterday from 10 days of touring NY, NH & VT for their 50th wedding anniversary so I hope this is some of what they got to see. Well done!

Roman Kurywczak
10-15-2008, 04:14 PM
Hey Ed,
The path and colors are very strong in this image. A few minor things to work on if you so choose.........removing the gurdrail?? on the lower right......almost third way up..........and toning down.......or slighly filling in with leaves... the brighter sky areas.......especially the UR in the first tree.......to minimize their impact. Again.........these are slight improvements that would just add to a very nice composition and presentation.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
10-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Hi Ed, striking composition with the curve in the road and fall colors.

Robert Amoruso
10-17-2008, 12:03 PM
Roman caught the guardrail and that is what I consider the biggest issue with this excellent image. The road is a great leading line.
Clone out the rail and you have a real winner.