PDA

View Full Version : 3rd BPN GTG Strike - Tricolored Heron

Maxis Gamez
10-13-2008, 09:00 PM
http://www.********.org/bpn/40D/_MG_1574.jpg
3rd BPN GTG Strike - Tricolored Heron

You guys are lucky I don't get to compete in the contest :D.

This one from our 3rd BPN GTG. I was in 5 feet of water to get this image. THANK YOU ALL for showing up!! Special thanks for Shawn and Amy for such amazing time!

Hope you like it!

Canon 40D, 400mm L @ f/5.6, 1/2000 sec, ISO 400, Handheld, Almost full frame.

Amy DeStefanis
10-13-2008, 09:04 PM
a) I didn't realize there was a contest
b) Yes - I'm sooooo glad you're not competing in it!

I guess I need to start reading sticky posts more carefully.

This is awesome. The birds sure were chowing down out there!

:)

Amy D.

Ramon M. Casares
10-13-2008, 10:22 PM
Great timming Maxis, great light too, I would try to tone down the whites but either way, it is a fenomenal shot! Congratulaitons!

Judd Patterson
10-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Nice timing! Did he come up with a fish, or was this a miss? Great job anticipating the action and ensuring that you had enough room to the right for the strike and water spray...gotta love the fast shutter speed catching all those water drops too. Nice work!

bill kominsky
10-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Agree with everyone Maxis another winner but would expect nothing less, great action shot and hope some day to be at one of these GTG's.

Bill

Judy Lynn Malloch
10-14-2008, 11:15 AM
Great timing Maxis !!! Sorry I was not able to make it this time but hopefully the next one. The action in this image is superb !!!u

Shawn Marques
10-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Hey Maxis. Gotta love the splash action here. I would've been great if I had my waterproof camera under the surface of the water at the time you clicked the shutter.

Ditto here... we had a great time joining you and Marina for safari and multiple meals. :cool:

Maxis Gamez
10-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Nice timing! Did he come up with a fish, or was this a miss?

Hi Judd,

No fish this time. He flew away minutes after this image was made!! :D