PDA

View Full Version : GBH Portrait DeSoto

Amy DeStefanis
10-13-2008, 08:43 PM
Here is a portrait of a GBH taken at Ft. DeSoto this past Saturday.

Nikon D80
70-300 VR @ 250mm
1/320th @ f/8.0
Manual Exposure
HandHeld

Thanks!
Amy D.

Maxis Gamez
10-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Hi Amy,

It was a pleasure meeting you and thank you for your support!.

Love the light, colors and details on this one. There is a dust spot behind the head but that's about it for me.

Excellent portrait!!

Thank you once again and hope to see you soo!

Amy DeStefanis
10-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Thanks Maxis. Yes, I have just discovered the joys of dust on the sensor. I found what appeared to be a cat hair on the sensor this morning, THEN shot a dust-off image this morning. I apparently was able to get rid of ONE of them by blowing on the sensor lightly with canned air - but there's evidently another piece in there..... I hadn't realized there was a spot on this shot. It doesn't show up in all of them.... Thanks for pointing it out.

Amy D.

Maxis Gamez
10-13-2008, 09:16 PM
by blowing on the sensor lightly with canned air

A big NO, NO Amy. Try using another method. There has been several cases of damaging sensor by blowing air to it.

Good luck!

Amy DeStefanis
10-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Thanks Maxis - I will check out alternatives. From working in my dad's camera store (years ago when it was the shutter screen/blades you didn't want to damage), I'm aware not to blow air full-force on the sensor (or turn the can over to allow the freon out). However, the instructions that I found did indicate to blow the dust particles off, and NOT to touch the sensor screen at all.... Might make a good equipment thread....

Ramon M. Casares
10-13-2008, 10:21 PM
Terrific shot, love the light and the comp although I might try a little crop from the bottom to remove the legs, and give the whole image a bit more sharpening, either way, as presented it looks great! Congratulations!

denise ippolito
10-14-2008, 06:37 AM
Amy, Very nice. I like the soft colors. it really does look like a portrait. I like the way you cropped it.