PDA

View Full Version : High Rollaways

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
10-13-2008, 08:36 PM
HIgh Rollaways is outside of Traverse City, MI was a local secret place as it is very hard to find, but the internet has made a must for viewing color in Northern Michigan. I shot this today as the color is peak, but high winds and rain are forecast so it will knock the leaves of in a hurry.

MKIII
24-104 f/4 lens
iso 100
-1/3
f/16

Ed Cordes
10-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Very nice colors. I like the flow of the river through the image. The FG tree in the lower left looks a bit OOF and just a tad distracting.

John Blumenkamp
10-13-2008, 11:41 PM
Nice capture of some great color... I like the inclusion and placement of the water in the frame. I agree with the comment about the lower lefthand corner. Hope to see more!

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
10-14-2008, 02:56 PM
I cropped this one, getting the tree out. Thanks for your critiques, as they help my photos

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
10-14-2008, 03:16 PM
This image I used APTATS-1 tips. I thank Robert O'Toole for sharing this little secret.

Roman Kurywczak
10-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Hey Curly,
I like both re-posts for similar & different reasons. similar........colors and diagonal comp of the colors are very strong in both..........different.......top image.......river is very prominent with perfect placement...........second image.......colors are more important.....yet the river is still in the perfect ROT position. This is a strong comp overall..........because the water adds a strong focal pointelement.

Chris Starbuck
10-14-2008, 09:33 PM
Curly,
I like your first (cropped) repost best. The second looks good at first glance, but only took a few seconds to spot the duplicated image sections.;)
Chris

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
10-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Thanks Roman for your help

I agree Chris and as I did a fast fix. Thanks

Robert Amoruso
10-17-2008, 12:00 PM
I would say that I like the vertical image best. Nice work Dennis on composing this. The river and color arch of the trees above and right of the river are strong elements in the image.