PDA

View Full Version : Anyond using a Cintiq tablet?

Jim Poor
01-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Especially with a laptop? Care to share any tips, hints or programming options?

I've been using a big Wacom Tablet for a while now on the desktop, but just got a Cintiq 12WX to use with my MacBook Pro.

For the most part, I plan to play with it and then program it based on what I end up reaching for keyboard to accomplish. I've already moved the CMD button and changed one of the scrolls bars to brush size.

Since on a MAC the menu bar stays on the "main" monitor rather than with the program, for now I have the Cintiq set to be the main monitor when it is attached. That way I don't have to switch to get to the menu items I use.

Any other hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jim

Alfred Forns
01-15-2008, 05:37 PM
HI Jim Fabs had the large will get her to give some comments

Fabs Forns
01-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Jim, it is a great tool if you use it.
I sold mine because I never had the time or desire to get much out of it, but I'm sure it's me, don't even use the tablet I have :o

Now I have a 30 inch Apple Cinema and love it, didn't install the tablet yet...

Jim Poor
01-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Oh I really like my Apple displays on my desktop, but I think the Cintiq will be good for on the road work and days when I don't want to go down to the basement office.

Fabs Forns
01-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Oh I really like my Apple displays on my desktop, but I think the Cintiq will be good for on the road work and days when I don't want to go down to the basement office.

Will you be taking you CInquit on the road? :eek:

Jim Poor
01-16-2008, 08:41 AM
I think so. Since it is the small one. I won't be taking it every where, but for example I'll take it to the Base Camp with Moose Peterson for a week.

Fabs Forns
01-16-2008, 09:28 AM
I think so. Since it is the small one. I won't be taking it every where, but for example I'll take it to the Base Camp with Moose Peterson for a week.

Your'e a better man than me :p:D