PDA

View Full Version : BeeP's Need For Speed, New England Style

Grady Weed
10-13-2008, 10:25 AM
After the apple picking and stuffing ourselves with lobster, apple pie and hot cider, we headed out for some fun. Around here some folks use their sleds, snowmobiles, in the fall and summer by riding them on the dry grass or running the water. While I have never ridden my sled on the open water for long stretches, some live on the wild side and ride them for hundreds of yards at break neck speeds of 75 to 100. If you do not go fast enough you will sink. I have ridden mine for a few dozen yards over open water when traveling the frozen lakes, then open water, yikes! It is heart pounding to see water when you want to see snow and ice. If you go in the freezing water, you usually have 1 or 2 minutes to live. Wet clothes will drag you down or hypothermia will get you quick.

And riding the grass is hard on the tracks and sprockets too. It is somewhat safer, although it can be costly if you ride over rocks or catch your skies on a hole. Yikes! Well BeeP wanted to try out his custom made sled you see here. He got it all the way up to 65, top end for this sled. He rode like a pro. I think he even got a fan club going. Some cheerleaders on a bus trip stopped when he rode back up. He has charisma.

Tomorrows edition of BeeP Goes New England will feature the biggest snow plow ever made for an earth moving machine, with BeeP sitting on top. He sure does like to live on the wild side.

Julie Kenward
10-13-2008, 01:16 PM
That BeeP is such an adventurer!

Judy Lynn Malloch
10-13-2008, 01:49 PM
This is just tooooo cute Grady. Love it.

Alfred Forns
10-13-2008, 01:59 PM
He has never seen one before !!!!! ... he is a natural !! :):):)

Gus Cobos
10-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Look out; here I come...:eek: Looks like he is having a blast...:cool: