PDA

View Full Version : Willet from Ft DeSoto

Amy DeStefanis
10-12-2008, 08:23 PM
A willet hunting in the sand Saturday morning at Ft DeSoto.

Nikon D80
ISO 400
70-300 @ 280mm
1/400 @ f/11
Manual exposure
hand-held

Thanks!
Amy D.

Jackie Schuknecht
10-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Hi Amy,
Beautiful colours and great behavioral shot. I would be tempted to boost the contrast a little. Nice shot:)

Jasper Doest
10-13-2008, 01:36 AM
Nice behavioral photograph.....next time you might want to try to get down to a lower shooting angle....as this would bring more intimacy to your photograph.

Arthur Morris
10-13-2008, 04:53 AM
EXP good and a wonderful job of getting him with his bill in the sand. A bit more sharpening would have helped and getting lower would have helped too. The breaking wave merging with the bird is a distraction.

Judy Lynn Malloch
10-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Very nice timing in this capture and I agree withh the above comments. Many thanks for sharing Amy and will look forward to your future posts.

Ramon M. Casares
10-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Agree with all commets above, specially with the one about getting lower, still as presetned is very nice, exposure, pose, comp, light, all verty good, big congrats!

Adams Serra
10-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Hey Amy,
It was nice meeting you at Ft Desoto
Nice image, i also agree with the comments above.

Adams

Judd Patterson
10-13-2008, 08:55 PM
It was really nice to meet you at the GTG! Fine work on the exposure and capturing the digging in the sand. I agree with Artie that the wave behind the bird is a bit distracting. I know the bird was likely probing and then moving, but I wonder how this would look if the wave were a bit farther along and nearly at the feet of the Willet. At DeSoto I often find myself reshooting the same subject to try and improve on the background waves.

Amy DeStefanis
10-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks everyone,

I do have another shot that I'd passed up because the eye was not quite as sharp as this one.... I sharpened it, and it looks pretty good. I think it addresses some of the issues presented here! :)

I'll post it later this evening.

Amy D.