PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay Juvenile Ibis

Harold Davis
10-12-2008, 04:40 PM
another from the Hooptie Deux trip with Mr Shadle.

sorry i havent been around a lot lately. all my pics look boring to me and i havent felt like posting anything. will try to be more active here soon. on another note, i discovered Safari today. there is a version for Windows and picture viewing is tons better with it than Internet Explorer or Mozilla. trust me, i tried them all!!

not much PP here. just standard workflow, nothing fancy.

D300, Bigma at 500mm, f/9, 1/640s, 0EV, ISO 400

thanks for looking. comments and critiques are appreciated.

denise ippolito
10-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Harold, Very nice composition and the colors are great I love the BG colors as well.Very nice! This photo is not boring to a Jersey girl.

Adams Serra
10-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Hey Harold,
Very nice image. low angle, beautiful BG and great head angle.

Oscar Zangroniz
10-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Excellent low angle H. You must have taken this one while you were on the ground and you were photograph by Mr. Shadle.
( Remember your famous belly shot)
Great details, background, and composition.
Congrats

Amy DeStefanis
10-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Hi Harold,

You should have come over to Ft DeSoto yesterday! I got to put some faces to some names. So far, I guess I'd recognize your socks from the aforementioned "belly shot". (famous to the rest of us - infamous to you, I guess) :)

I guess lots of people are in a photo-funk these days. Cool that Safari is now available for Windows! You can look at IE and Safari side-by-side and see the difference? That's cool.

I don't think your ibis is boring either. The details are great. How'd you get him to post for you?

:)

Amy D.

Harold Davis
10-12-2008, 07:08 PM
thanks. amy! i had to work yesterday. if not, i would have been there. the difference between safari and ie on a CRT monitor is unbelievable. BIG difference. on my laptop, not so much but still a difference!!

as far as the pose, luck i guess!!

hope you guys had fun. havent seen anyone put any pics at all!! what's up with that!!!?

Phil Ertel
10-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Hi Harold,

Well Done!!! I like the composition. The negative space to the left adds feel to the image that I find pleasing. I like the low angle. The bird is sharp with a pleasing head angle. There is a small light spot below the tail feathers that I would edit out. I also haven't made up my mind if the trees in the background intersecting with the birds beak bother me or not. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Phil

Gus Cobos
10-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Doctor Davis,
A really nice one indeed, I like it, you have good details, good color and a nice diffused background...good show...:cool:

Jackie Schuknecht
10-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi Harold,
Well exposed and I like the space to the left isolating your subject. I would be tempted to crop just a little off the top to make a more balanced compostion IMO. Another one well done:)

Nonda Surratt
10-13-2008, 08:07 AM
Good going Mr H, I like the isolation, nice sharp bird!!!. Rather agree with Phil on trees and beak as in undecided;)

Alfred Forns
10-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Recognized the area right away Fine afternoon image Daktari !!! Agree with Jackie on this one !!! Excellent !!!