PDA

View Full Version : Rio Grande Turkey - West Texas

Russell Graves
10-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Here is an image I shot just south of my home in the Texas Panhandle.

http://www.russellgraves.com/blog/uploaded_images/graves-275596-714137.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Russell Graves
www.russellgraves.com

Marko Matesic
10-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Lovely light and pose.....maybe little more sharpening would increase feather details.
thx for sharing

Neil Losin
10-12-2008, 05:05 PM
The sidelighting works great and you handled it brilliantly. Terrific pose, and the low angle makes the bird look even more imposing!

Ramon M. Casares
10-12-2008, 05:27 PM
TERRIFIC! No nits for me, I just loved it the minute I saw it! Congratulations!

Fabs Forns
10-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Big welcome to BPN, Russell, I hope you can feel right at home here.

Terrific light and pose, excellent placing in the frame, for sure a keeper.
Will be looking forward to more!

Jasper Doest
10-13-2008, 01:34 AM
Ah....one of my nemesis birds....I had the chance to photograph in Texas during the pro-tour and had a very hard time capturing these beautiful birds. They are so skittish.....you not only caught this one in an interesting pose, but also in gorgeous light. One to be proud of!

Russell Graves
10-13-2008, 07:18 PM
Ah....one of my nemesis birds....I had the chance to photograph in Texas during the pro-tour and had a very hard time capturing these beautiful birds. They are so skittish.....you not only caught this one in an interesting pose, but also in gorgeous light. One to be proud of!

Thanks a bunch.

No lie, Jasper. I have literally thousands of images of Rio Grande turkeys.

Juan Aragonés
10-14-2008, 08:44 AM
Welcome on board Russell. This one is for sure a terrific first post and would love to see more like this coming. The low angle and bird´s pose are fantastic but the light and the BG are to die for. I agree about the need od another round of USM for web presentation. Very good job and you are lucky for having these beauties near home!