PDA

View Full Version : No Words Needed

Mark Schmitt
10-12-2008, 11:30 AM
When there are no words it is best not to try and find any. That is the essence of photgraphy. The camera is the best means of communication. And what a wonder it is. A moment in time, a small exsected capture of light: and it is there for perpetuity. It is why, I think, we do photography. We see something and it affects us a much deeper level of sentience where the words don't exist; where only the feelings reside, that can acurately explain reasons for it. An acorn woodpecker, to some, is just a bird. To a person with a camera it is something otherworldly, that possess essence beyond our reason. Best not to think too much on it; it will only lead to words: and that just won't do. So here is one of the reasons...it does not need words.;)

Lance Warley
10-13-2008, 09:02 AM
Mark, I agree with your comment. However, since this forum is specifically for words, I think your post belongs in the Avian forum.

I'm going to try to move it there.

Thanks.

Ramon M. Casares
10-13-2008, 10:38 PM
I would try to decenter the bird, but other than that I love the light, BG and pose, not so much the perch, but overall I like it very much, and I agree 100% with what you've said! Congratulaitons!