View Full Version : Smoky Mountain sunrise

Jared Lloyd
10-12-2008, 10:52 AM
this is a pano crop from sunrise in Cades Cove

Jared

Roman Kurywczak
10-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Hi Jared,
This is simple........yet effective. The layers of the fog are very nice. I do wonder if you can bring them out even more.........but you have to be careful and not get rid of the wonderful mood you have presented. You may want to try and run it through some noise reduction.......but that may be from the small size jpeg and not be present in the full size image.
Nicely presented.

Grady Weed
10-12-2008, 12:20 PM
I have always been a sucker for low fog landscapes. I do think it needs some more punch, just slightly however. The mood might be lost if you go too dark or contrast. But that can be a personal perception here.

Robert Amoruso
10-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Jared,

Agree with the previous comments. I post a version with Local Contrast Enhancement on a BG copy using USM at 20/50/0. I then sharpened a BG copy at 175/.3/0 and again at 125/.2/0. Vary settings to your taste.

Jared Lloyd
10-13-2008, 10:47 AM
ive noticed that when i convert my tiff files over to jpeg using Nikon viewfx, the conversion looks very different from the original tiff.

Robert, the tiff file looks alot like your version here - why would the jpeg conversion muddy things out?