PDA

View Full Version : Lat Night Barn

Roman Kurywczak
10-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Working on some more of my Yellowstone/Teton images.......last one, I promise! .......a different angle from the previous post. I like the fence post in this one. Yes.......that is the big dipper over the barn.
Canon Mark 3 with the 17-40mm lens at 17mm at ISO 6400 for 30 seconds at f4.0

As always comments welcomed and appreciated.

Grady Weed
10-12-2008, 12:24 PM
I dunno Roman. i like the stars, open expanse, maybe back some more to see scale of the vast expanse versus the barn and fence line.

Robert Amoruso
10-12-2008, 12:40 PM
I think Grady is onto something here. Personally, it does not do much for me.

Roman Kurywczak
10-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Hey Guys............
Back up like this???? OK....you didn't think I took just one did ya? i thought you were getting bored with the sky.........this works better for me too.

Grady Weed
10-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Much better version. Now if you could just put a campfire, some cowboy's, horses on a string tied to the ground.:D........Can I go there too? ;)

Robert Amoruso
10-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Well Roman, I didn't want to ask just in case you did not back up. I like the more open look here.

Joanna Trescott
10-12-2008, 06:41 PM
I really like the repost. Grady was right on.

Judd Patterson
10-13-2008, 10:47 PM
The more expansive view is more impressive to my eyes as well. I love the stars in the sky and the silhouetted trees in the background. What did you use to light the scene? It may be personal preference here but I'm not a huge fan of the very cool lighting...it makes the barn and surrounding ground seem a bit erie...skeletal perhaps? I wonder if warmer lighting would make it more inviting?

John Blumenkamp
10-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Pretty interesting what you've done with these night time images Roman! I'm curious like Judd about the light... I haven't shot many night time subjects, so I'm clueless how other light sources might have looked? Nice work and a cool alternative perspective.

Roman Kurywczak
10-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Hey Judd, and John,
As I was pretty close (20 feet or so)........my LED headlamp with 4 lights........was all that was used for this. The "painting" was only for about 8 seconds. I have used warmer toned lights.........but was going for more of the "natural moon lit" effect. I can also set my WB to cloudy.......and get a much warmer toned effect. Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.