PDA

View Full Version : African Fish Eagle

John Harper
10-12-2008, 08:28 AM
Hi There

Been a while since I posted any shots, as work has got in the way of photography... still I am able to make some trips to my usual haunt here in the UK of the Hawk Conservancy Trust to watch the flying demonstrations of various Birds of Prey.

One of my favourites is African fish eagle "Othello" who manages to pluck some food from a small water bowl to demonstrate his natural behaviour of catching fish from lakes. its always quite a challenge to capture a shot just after the big splash, and have focus on the eye, a nice big splash, and both of wings in the frame.

But now and again I capture a shot that I like.

John

EOS 1DMKIII EF 300 F4L ISO 400 1/2000 @ F5

http://www.portviewfitout.co.uk/othello-splash.jpg

Alfred Forns
10-13-2008, 07:09 PM
This is one spectacular image John !!! All I can say is Wow !!!!!

Ian McHenry
10-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Hi John
I've been waiting for a reply to this image from one of the BPN experts !!!
My compliments in getting the clean headshot, beautiful flight profile and amazing water spray off the feet.
Beautiful image.
Cheers: Ian Mc

Maxis Gamez
10-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Wow, this is impressive!! Excellent timing and exposure control.

Lana Hays
10-14-2008, 04:57 AM
John
Oh...oh...oh.....this is definitely one of your best and certainly most interesting. The trail of water is outstanding in adding to the action. Marvelous image!!

Juan Aragonés
10-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Terrific action, fantastic water splash and amazingly sharp head. Very good image John!!!

James Salywoda
10-15-2008, 10:11 PM
I love the water trailing the bird an excellent action shot John really nice....