PDA

View Full Version : BeeP Goes New England, Part 3

Grady Weed
10-12-2008, 07:08 AM
Our apple crop was pretty decent this year. We had some early cold nights with warm days. That put a crisp sweet tang in them. Very few drops and little bug activity made for some good clean, rounded fleshy apples, juicy too. This one orchard, Apple Acres, is just 5 minutes from my home. They are a smaller farm, but with a big heart. They like to make home made items and will sell local hand made crafts in a small store right in the orchard. You can get apple cider, donuts with apple pieces and cider in them, hot and fresh made, apple syrup, which is boiled cider just a little longer till it thickens, we had some on our pancakes this morning, yummy! They make all flavors of fudge, hot mulled cider, pies, drool....well you get the message.

When BeeP saw all of this, he went wild on me. He ran over to the apple crates and jumped in, rolled around, and then he just sat there, stunned by all the sweet smells and fresh air. So I took his picture for memories. He had a blast and was hit with the locals.

Next we went to my house, so he could calm down and I could cut some fire wood and rake leaves, He just couldn't stand it and he helped me out. The next day we went riding some snowmobiles, dry grass riding they call it, and we went next door and sat a top the largest snow plow in the North East!

There is not enough room to tell of his exploits, so I will try to squeeze it down to the bare minimum over the next 4 or 5 days. Check back each day to read about BeeP's great time in Maine. I sure hope he is doing OK on the plane. He had to go coach, it takes almost 7 days to cross the pond by US Postal plane service. I packed some apples, sandwiches and iced tea for him.

Gus Cobos
10-12-2008, 12:19 PM
He is going to be one healthy little guy, and will not be seeing the Doctor for a very long time...:eek::p;):):D

Fabs Forns
10-12-2008, 12:58 PM
This is so sweet, Grady. I can see your reflection on the critter's eyes :)

Alfred Forns
10-12-2008, 06:13 PM
You know what they say about an apple a day !!!! ..... glad Beep is remembering He does love apples !!! :)

Judy Lynn Malloch
10-13-2008, 08:01 AM
Love the wonderful background history to this image Grady and the composition is over the top. Love it and remember the autumns in Canada so well and the apple picking days. Thanks for an awesome image. and for sharing .