PDA

View Full Version : Bryce sunrise

Douglas Bolt
10-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Canon 5D, Sigma 12-24@12, f22, 1/8, -33, ISO 100, tripod. PP: Multiply blend layer, threshold to set blacks and whites, boosted the yellows a little to give more glow to the green trees, curves.

I can't decide if this is a pic of Bryce or the very photogenic tree. Both are special, but to me, they tend to compete with each other. Still, a special place.

Roman Kurywczak
10-12-2008, 09:40 AM
Hey Douglas,
I think this is probably my favorite tree in Bryce! So for me......they are both as important. I like the way you didn't clip the lower evergreen.......but I may clean up the LL corner greenery/tree top. The tree serves very nicely to put me into the scene and acts as a very strong anchor, adds depth, and also is a very nice framing element. That's one powerful delicate tree.
Nicely composed.

Cindy Cone
10-12-2008, 10:20 AM
I think the tree makes for a great composition and the clouds really add to it. Nicely done.

Robert Amoruso
10-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Doug,

Tree's placement is fine and overall the composition works very well. Roman busted you on the LL tree. I like the clouds as they add a lot to the image's visual interest and appeal plus are a strong diagonal in the image.

I suggest you apply a a Reverse S Curve to the image (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20434). It will bring out a lot of detail in the mid-tones and tame the contrast.

Lance Warley
10-13-2008, 01:30 PM
That tree looks like it's ready to start walking!

I think the tree adds tremendously to the scene. No competition issues for me, Douglas.

Ed Cordes
10-13-2008, 09:47 PM
It is a great scene in nice light. It does looks a bit contrasty, but still very good. We all like the creeping tree on the right.