PDA

View Full Version : All by my self

Oscar Zangroniz
10-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Seems like the zoo pics are never ending. But there is not much else around yet, went out to loop road today in the everglades and it was mostly underwater from all the rain, so I will keep looking for zoo pics for the following week of posting.

Nikon D300; 300mm 2.8 w/1.4tc; 420mm; F4; 1/500; Aperture Priority; Exposure Comp -1/3; Tripod used.

Cheryl Flory
10-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Amazing color and feather details, Oscar! Nice eye contact!
Some whites look 'hot' on my monitor.

Gus Cobos
10-11-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi Oscar,
I like the composition, the colors are superb with sharp details. Oscar, I made a few enhancements to your image that I think you will like, and it makes the image much stronger...:) I lightened the background just a tad, increased saturation and contrast on the bird, opened up the eye to bring out the color, and selective sharpened...hope you like it...:cool:

denise ippolito
10-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Oscar the photo is beautiful. I like how Gus lightened the eye now it really pops. You just have really good luck at the zoo- you should just keep shooting there. Your photos are terrific.

Lance Peters
10-12-2008, 03:18 AM
Hi Oz - what a amazing bird -beautiful colours, exposure looks good - might just tone down some of the white spots iin the BG.
Well done .

Richard Waas
10-12-2008, 06:14 AM
I luv the colors Oscar. Good exposure and great comp. The lightened does look better. Congrats!!!

Phil Ertel
10-12-2008, 06:41 AM
HI Oscar,

You have to love the colors. All my comments have been covered. Gus's repost made a nice image a bit better, especially the eye.

Regards,

Phil

Nonda Surratt
10-12-2008, 07:27 AM
Oscar,

Great colors! They almost look not quite real (the ducks) would love to see one sometime.

Gail Spitler
10-12-2008, 09:27 AM
These are amazing birds and the image is great. I am not sure I like the re-post better than the original; perhaps there is too much contrast or sharpness. I think I am seeing a reflection of the blue/green water on the bird's white breast. I don't think that helps the image.
Gail

Gus Hallgren
10-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Hi Oscar:

I absolutely love it, great photo, and lightened eye improvement by Gus is icing on the cake.

It is a gorgeous bird you captured so beautifully.

Keep it up, you're on roll at the Zoo :D:D

Thanks for sharing

Uncle Gus :):)

Jill Davis
10-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Big congrats on this!! Love the color detail on this. So pretty.

Harold Davis
10-12-2008, 04:50 PM
you did well with the exposure on this one! looks nice. beautiful colors. might desaturate a little and get rid of those specular highlights in the bg.

is it too early to think about next weekend? i want to go somewhere cool!

Alfred Forns
10-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Hi Oscar That is one good looking bird and tough to expose !!! Glad you guys had some good light

Do like the suggestion of backing down the saturation, there are some purples in there the duck doesn't have !!! I like the pose and eye contact !!!