PDA

View Full Version : Early Morning Bath

Gus Cobos
10-11-2008, 08:11 PM
This little guy came out for his morning bath. He was painted with a Nikon D200, using a Nikkor 300mm AF-S f/4D IF-ED, and a Nikkor 1.4 T/C

Image solution:
focal length @ 300mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / ISO @ 400 / 1/1000sec. - f/5.6 / white balance @ auto / AF - mode @ dynamic range, auto - continuous / color space @ sRGB /lighting solution - no speedlight, ambient light / exposure comp @ +0.7EV / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +2 degrees / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / support platform - no tripod, hand held, flat on my belly…

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Oscar Zangroniz
10-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Excellent details on the bird . Love the water line and background on this one

Jackie Schuknecht
10-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Gus,
Beautiful as always. Great exposure and I like the "frozen" foam in the wave. Could you enlighten me as to what type of shorebird this is?
Great low angle, better to be on your belly on sand rather than mud:)

denise ippolito
10-11-2008, 10:11 PM
Gus I love the way the foam and sand meet .The exposure is great . And nice low angle.

Phil Ertel
10-12-2008, 06:50 AM
Hi Gus,

I like the low angle. The details are very nice. I also agree that the shore line enhance the image. I might try and lighten the eye a bit.

Regards,

Phil

Gail Spitler
10-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Gus and (Jackie) - I think this is a White-rumped Sandpiper in fall molting plumage; I think that's why the bird itself looks a bit off somehow. It took me a while to figure out that the pp-ing was fine; it's the bird that is weird. Like the composition very much and getting down to the bird's level. No nits really. Well done.
Gail

Harold Davis
10-12-2008, 04:53 PM
the one thing that sticks out to me is the white border at the top. might clone in the same water from just below it. i dont know if lightening the eye would help. i like it as is. seems realistic to me. love the low perspective. some nice detail too!