PDA

View Full Version : Red Rock Window

Cindy Cone
10-11-2008, 12:41 PM
This is my first landscape post since I'm usually out looking for wildlife, but I'm in the Moab area now, and the scenery is spectacular. This was at the North Window arch in Arches National Park, and it was raining in the distant West just before sunset. There was a little bit of open sky between the clouds just before the sun hit the horizon, and it lit up the rocks with this crimson color. I've been out every morning and evening since, and the colors have been nice - but nothing like this. All comments appreciated.

Canon 40D, 1/4 sec., f/20, 17-40 mm at 40 mm.

Michael Pancier
10-11-2008, 08:35 PM
stunning colors. Wish I was there

Ed Cordes
10-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Magical red rock and great clouds are wonderful. You did well here. I like the placement of the window and just the right amount of FG to give a sense of space.

Sabyasachi Patra
10-12-2008, 04:10 AM
Looks too red to me. I was not there. But I am sure the light was wonderful.

Roman Kurywczak
10-12-2008, 09:35 AM
Hi Cindy,
One of my favorite places. Having been there many times.............the reds are very close to natural...........especially at times like this. i do like your placemen of N. window in the frame and my only recommendation is to take some off the bottom.........just above the bush in the LR. Nicely done and loking forward to seeing more!

Cindy Cone
10-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Thanks for all of the comments. It really was this red - but only for a very short time. I lthink taking some off the bottom is a good idea. This is my first visit to this area, but hopefully not my last.

Robert Amoruso
10-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks for all of the comments. It really was this red - but only for a very short time. I lthink taking some off the bottom is a good idea. This is my first visit to this area, but hopefully not my last.

I believe you as I have seen it. An awesome looking image for all the reasons mentioned. Well done.

Joanna Trescott
10-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Cindy: This is stunning! I have been there a few times, but never seen this light. Great exposure and comp.

Lance Warley
10-13-2008, 01:33 PM
I've been there. You've captured it beautifully.

The clouds really work as a counterpoint to the arch.

John Blumenkamp
10-13-2008, 11:47 PM
Great capture of some incredible clouds behind the window... hope to see more.

chad anderson
10-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Speechless, you nailed this one. The color of the light is great, and the stormy sky puts it way over the top. Very Cool.