PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Lightroom advice needed?

Justin C
10-11-2008, 10:36 AM
I notice in Lightroom that the Brightness control is set to +50 and the Contrast control is set to +25 by default.
Do you tend to leave these settings set this way at the start of your Lightroom Develop workflow or do you prefer to change the default values so both of the above are set to zero to begin with?

Many thanks,

Justin.

Robert O'Toole
10-11-2008, 09:09 PM
I notice in Lightroom that the Brightness control is set to +50 and the Contrast control is set to +25 by default.
Do you tend to leave these settings set this way at the start of your Lightroom Develop workflow or do you prefer to change the default values so both of the above are set to zero to begin with?

Many thanks,

Justin.

If you tend to change these settings when you convert think about resetting them to custom settings to save time. If you process with these and are happy, you can leave them as is.

Use whatever works for you. I have my defaults all custom set.

Robert

Justin C
10-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks for your input Robert.
That's what I was wondering was if others generally prefer the default values or if they override them and start at zero.
Be interested in hearing what base values others use or if they too just prefer to leave the default amounts set as they are.

Doug Brown
10-23-2008, 03:17 PM
I typically use the default values.